POPCH opened its doors in 2003 and currently cares for over 116 children with special needs, ranging from infants to 12 years old. All of the children at POPCH have congenital illnesses, such as albinism, cerebral palsy, Down syndrome, or glaucoma. For more than 10 years, POPCH has committed itself and its resources to provide a loving and clean environment, and the best possible medical care for these precious children according to their individual needs.
We are working with the Ministry of Civil Affairs (MCA) to train more leaders, students, and caretakers from various orphanages in China. POPCH is the designated training base of the Training College of the MCA. We are striving to set a new standard of love and care for orphanages throughout China.
- To bring hope, love, care, and a new life to orphans of special needs by providing a safe home and long-term aftercare that these kids will have a chance to be adopted to forever families, or able to live a better life.
- To seek out medical solution for their handicap and facilitate their treatment.
- To provide rehabilitation therapies, that our kids will able to live more independently.
- To maintain POPCH as a successful model of joint venture with the Ministry of Civil Affairs of the government.
- To provide a training ground for students, interns and volunteers.
We uphold the core values of life, love, honesty, compassion, professionalism, and teamwork.